From: Paul Sladen (vserver_at_paul.sladen.org)
Date: Tue 04 Feb 2003 - 18:08:56 GMT

On Tue, 4 Feb 2003, pratton seb wrote:
> ] This is done my changing the /etc/localtime
> how can one "change" this file in a vserver ?

It should either be a binary file (on a minimal/half-installed system), or
probably, more-likely, a symlink to another binary file:

  user_at_vserver:~$ ls -l /etc/localtime
  lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root [...] /etc/localtime -> /usr/share/zoneinfo/Europe/London

These are generated by the `zic' timezone compiler, but you'll likely never
never even see that since they are probably already pre-compiled.

On Debian, you can just run:

  # tzconfig

> I just have telnet acces.

BTW, I sincerely recommend installing SSH (Secure SHell) rather than using
insecure Telnet.

        -Paul

--
Nottingham, GB