From: Mehmet Avcioglu (mehmet_at_activecom.net)
Date: Wed 05 Feb 2003 - 14:52:57 GMT

Jacques Gelinas wrote:
> Can you provide a little more information. You tried to setup a vserver
> by using what ? A redhat CD ? Cloning the / ?

I tried pretty much everything.

Cloning / gave the following error.

   Can't open file /vservers/test/var/run/utmp (No such file or
   directory)
   /usr/sbin/newvserver: /vservers/test/etc/hosts: No such file or
   directory
   SIOCSIFADDR: File exists
   SIOCSIFFLAGS: Cannot assign requested address
   SIOCSIFNETMASK: Cannot assign requested address
   SIOCSIFBRDADDR: Cannot assign requested address
   SIOCSIFFLAGS: Cannot assign requested address
   Can't execute passwd (No such file or directory)

Cloning another vserver runns a bit longer but than fails. I think I
found the problem with this one. It is because the old vserver that is
being cloned and the new one is not in the same partition.

For some reason, I didn't think about the "2> /tmp/error.log" trick for
the error messages.. And without the error messages it was
frasturating.. Anyway, I should be able to handle it from now.

Thanks

- Mehmet

Generated on Wed 05 Feb 2003 - 15:18:20 GMT by hypermail 2.1.3