From: John Goerzen (jgoerzen_at_complete.org)
Date: Wed 05 Feb 2003 - 19:26:47 GMT

Paul Sladen <vserver_at_paul.sladen.org> writes:

> Sorry I didn't express a `bite', I [still] haven't had time to look through
> the call-path.

That's OK; knowing that somebody knowledgeable is going to look at it
at least is comforting.

> If you can regularly reproduce these, then dumping them (in full) via
> serial/netconsole/lights-out would be useful.

This is the first time it's happened. I was so flustered at seeing
our server go down that I didn't take the time to ready myself for the
next one. Sigh. Anyway, next time it goes down, I'll transcribe the
full the trace using my laptop, and at the same time drop in an extra
serial card (our serial ports are full) so we can do the serial
console thing.

Some data points:

1. I recently moved our vservers from a 2.4.19 uniprocessor machine to
   a 2.4.20 SMP one, with approrpriate upgrades in the ctx patch. So,
   three varibles there: kernel version, SMP, and ctx version.

2. I had never experienced this sort of thing on the 2.4.19 machine.

3. This machine is a brand-new Linux-supported Dell server, so
   hardware is unlikely to be an issue.

-- John

Generated on Wed 05 Feb 2003 - 19:50:51 GMT by hypermail 2.1.3