From: Debby (debby_at_aachenconsulting.de)
Date: Thu 06 Feb 2003 - 06:05:27 GMT

Am Mittwoch 05 Februar 2003 17:19 schrieben Sie:
> On Wed, 5 Feb 2003, Dimitri Roschkowski wrote:
> > At the moment the public interface of the vserver is called eth0:serv,
> > but it has to be eth0, how to do that?
>
> `eth0:serv' is an *alias* bound to the `eth0'. `eth0' is both the physical
> interface and the main address of the host-server.
>
> -Paul

1) How can I use the following settings (see 'ifconfig')
eth0:0 --> x.y.z.1
eth0:1 --> x.y.z.2
eth0:2 --> x.y.z.3
with vserver? Is it possible to use eth0:1 (and so forth) with vserver? - I
tried it a little but it failed so far ...

2) How do I have to deal with output such as
  SIOCSIFADDR: File exists
   SIOCSIFFLAGS: Cannot assign requested address
   SIOCSIFNETMASK: Cannot assign requested address
   SIOCSIFBRDADDR: Cannot assign requested address
   SIOCSIFFLAGS: Cannot assign requested address
when I start vserver (with whatever setting)?

Thanks,
     Debby

Generated on Thu 06 Feb 2003 - 06:27:18 GMT by hypermail 2.1.3