From: John Goerzen (jgoerzen_at_complete.org)
Date: Thu 06 Feb 2003 - 22:48:12 GMT

Herbert Poetzl <herbert_at_13thfloor.at> writes:

>> Some data points:
>>
>> 1. I recently moved our vservers from a 2.4.19 uniprocessor machine to
>> a 2.4.20 SMP one, with approrpriate upgrades in the ctx patch. So,
>> three varibles there: kernel version, SMP, and ctx version.
>
> ... and hardware (ram, I/O, etc) and maybe network ...
> maybe even the distribution? some upgrade/update?

True. Both were running the same version of Debian.

>> 2. I had never experienced this sort of thing on the 2.4.19 machine.
>
> ... for how long, and under what load/conditions?
> have they changed too?

I'd say about two months. Load is the same -- fairly light.

>> 3. This machine is a brand-new Linux-supported Dell server, so
>> hardware is unlikely to be an issue.
>
> ... brand new "Linux-supported" big company server
> never made any problems (like compaq/hp/ibm ???),
> please wake up ...

I'm not saying that. I'm just saying that it's unlikely that the RAM
has suddenly failed on this new machine. I might suspect it a bit
more on a 4-year-old one.

-- John

Generated on Thu 06 Feb 2003 - 23:09:52 GMT by hypermail 2.1.3