From: Eje Gustafsson (Macahan_at_fament.com)
Date: Fri 07 Feb 2003 - 18:00:46 GMT

Thank you thank you thank you..

Now that is service. =)

will make it very easy and quick for me to do these servers.
Next after those I have a couple of freevsd servers to move over.
I already tested with one which worked ok. Needed a few things updated
to make it run. Biggest trouble was the time to tar up the old vsd
server so I could transfer it.

/ Eje

GDB> On Thu, Feb 06, 2003 at 03:53:12PM -0600, Eje Gustafsson wrote:
>> Anyone take a single server and move it into a vserver ?

GDB> Yes; did that earlier this week.

GDB> Here's a list of things that I remember doing to the single server to
GDB> make it vserver-able.

GDB> Remove these RPMs:
GDB> apmd
GDB> autofs
GDB> console-tools
GDB> dev
GDB> dhcpcd
GDB> grub
GDB> hdparm
GDB> hotplug
GDB> ipchains
GDB> iptables
GDB> kbdconfig
GDB> kernel
GDB> kudzu
GDB> lilo
GDB> lokkit
GDB> mkbootdisk
GDB> mkinitrd
GDB> mount
GDB> netconfig
GDB> nfs-utils
GDB> pciutils
GDB> quota
GDB> raidtools
GDB> reiserfs-utils
GDB> tcpdump
GDB> usbutils

GDB> Create these devices/links/directories in /dev:
GDB> fd
GDB> full
GDB> null
GDB> ptmx
GDB> pts
GDB> random
GDB> tty
GDB> urandom
GDB> zero

GDB> Disable these init scripts:
GDB> gpm
GDB> netfs
GDB> network
GDB> random
GDB> rawdevices

GDB> Remove these files:
GDB> /etc/rc.d/rc0.d/S01halt
GDB> /etc/rc.d/rc6.d/S01reboot

GDB> Fixup these files:
GDB> /etc/fstab
GDB> /etc/mtab

GDB> HTH,

Best regards,
 Eje Gustafsson mailto:MacAhan_at_fament.com

---
The Family Entertainment Network      http://www.fament.com
Phone : 620-231-7777                  Fax   : 620-231-4066
eBay UserID : macahan
          - Your Full Time Professionals -

--- [This E-mail scanned for viruses by Declude Virus]

Generated on Fri 07 Feb 2003 - 18:42:54 GMT by hypermail 2.1.3