From: Jonathan Sambrook (jonathan.sambrook_at_dsvr.co.uk)
Date: Thu 20 Feb 2003 - 18:57:10 GMT

At 01:23 on Fri 21/02/03, sam_at_vilain.net masquerading as 'Sam Vilain' wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a preliminary patch for the Alan Cox kernel for vserver, including
> O(1) scheduling.

How closely tied is this to the -ac patch?

As a config option for the vanilla kernel the O(1) would be of interest.

> However, I have yet to design a syscall interface for that and have
> currently hardcoded it as each s_context receiving 1/4 of the CPU. This
> is set in kernel/sys.c.

FWIW I've stripped my previous patch down to just a Context entry in
the various supported architectures' Config.in files and a skeleton
syscall interface for /proc/kernel/ctx

kernel/ctx.Config.in would be used as a standard place to add options.

Regards,
Jonathan

--

 Jonathan Sambrook
Software  Developer

Generated on Thu 20 Feb 2003 - 19:23:24 GMT by hypermail 2.1.3