From: Eje Gustafsson (Macahan_at_fament.com)
Date: Fri 21 Mar 2003 - 17:56:12 GMT

Thank you Francois I was not aware of that. I should have figured and
done a little research.

I have it set. Now I can rest easier until I get back on monday and
hopefully ctx16-1 solved the problems and the server will still be
running strong without any panic reboots.

/ Eje

Friday, March 21, 2003, 11:05:57 AM, you wrote:

FD> On Fri, Mar 21, 2003 at 10:46:28AM -0600, Eje Gustafsson wrote:

>> Been running ctx16-1 since yesterday. Wish I had gotten things running
>> sooner since I'm going out on of town tomorrow and nobody will be
>> around until Sunday and I will not be back until monday evening.
>> Consider doing a quick stop before I leave tomorrow to reboot the
>> system. From past experience it seems that the problem first happens
>> after a few days running so a reboot should by me at least a day or so
>> before possible problems could occur.

FD> A handy quick fix is to set /proc/sys/kernel/panic to something like 60.
FD> Doing so makes your server reboot after 1 minute in case of kernel panic.

FD> BTW, 2.4.20ctx-16-1 is running fine here.
FD> ---
FD> [This E-mail scanned for viruses by Declude Virus]

Best regards,
 Eje Gustafsson mailto:MacAhan_at_fament.com

---
The Family Entertainment Network      eFax  : 240-376-7272
Phone : 620-231-7777                  Fax   : 620-231-4066
Online Store http://www.fament.com/catalog/
          - Your Full Time Professionals -

--- [This E-mail scanned for viruses by Declude Virus]

Generated on Fri 21 Mar 2003 - 18:20:03 GMT by hypermail 2.1.3