From: Herbert Poetzl (herbert_at_13thfloor.at)
Date: Sun 30 Mar 2003 - 17:46:11 BST

On Sun, Mar 30, 2003 at 06:15:05PM +0200, Martin List-Petersen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i seem to have a odd problem:
>
> My vservers doen't seem to be bound to only access their own ip-adress.
>
> When i enter a vserver with: vserver servername enter
> it gives me the following output:
> SIOCSIFBRDADDR: Cannot assign requested address
> SIOCSIFFLAGS: Cannot assign requested address
 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

seems like the script could not create the alias
required for this virtual server ...

possible causes:

- your servernames are 'verylongname001', 'verylongname002', ...
- the alias names ethX:<servername> collide with existing
  aliases ...
- the script is broken ...
- the kernel is broken ...

hth,