From: Martin List-Petersen (martin_at_list-petersen.dk)
Date: Mon 31 Mar 2003 - 12:05:26 BST

I've just been recompiling the kernel again (this time without ipv6 support)
and it seems, that ipv6 breaks vserver.

After I removed ipv6 the vserver package works perfectly again.

This is just a bit annoying, since this means, that I can't use ipv6 at all on
the vserver machine.

Regards,
Martin List-Petersen
martin at list-petersen dot dk

> Citat Martin List-Petersen <martin_at_list-petersen.dk>:
>
> I've tested this on 2 different installations with 4 different patches now.
>
> First machine is running Debian Woody, kernel 2.4.19ctx-15, vserver package
> 0.21-1
> Second machine has been tested with three kernels (2.4.19ctx-15,
> 2.4.20ctx-16
> and 2.4.20ctx-17), runs Debian Woody (vserver package 0.22-7)
>
> What happens is that both exim (which is in the default installation of
> Debian)
> and courier-imap simply bind their respective ports on all ips for all
> vservers
> (including the main ip), regardless of, that they are running in a vserver.
>
> Originally the vservers had CAP_NET_RAW capability, but i removed that to
> see,
> if that changed anything. Got the same problem.
>
> Attached is the kernel-config from the first server.
>
> All kernels are downloaded directly of kernel.org, patchted with the
> respective
> ctx patch from vserver and afterwards patched with lm-sensors.
> No fuzzes or likewise during patching !
>
> Any ideas to solve the problem are welcome.

Generated on Mon 31 Mar 2003 - 12:33:44 BST by hypermail 2.1.3