From: Herbert Poetzl (herbert_at_13thfloor.at)
Date: Mon 31 Mar 2003 - 18:04:32 BST

On Mon, Mar 31, 2003 at 11:39:58AM -0500, Benoit St-Andr? wrote:
> I had exactly the same problem using Mandrake 8.2 and 9.0....

hmm, seems like nobody ever tested this ...

> and RH 8.0 too...
>
> I'll try it on my new Mandrake 9.1

I guess it will fail too ...

anyway, workaround if somebody needs it (until the
issue is resolved) is (as I wrote on the 5th Nov 2002)
to use verserver <NAME> build, instead of the fancy?
newvserver tool ...

> --
> Benoit St-Andr?
> Conseiller p?dagogique ? la CS des Affluents
> Connaissez-vous Linux?du-Qu?bec ? http://linuxeduquebec.org
> ben_at_benoitst-andre.net
>

> Le 31 Mars 2003 10:34, vous avez ?crit :
> > Hi All!
> >
> > I wonder if anybody has ever tried to use the vserver
> > admin/creation tools on/for mandrake ...
> > (I'm talking about vserver-0.22-1.src.rpm)
> >
> > today I tried to create a new vserver with the
> > newvserver tool and what happened is the following:
> >
> > -----
> > Please note
> > Server TEST was installed in /vservers/TEST
> > The configuration file /etc/vservers/TEST.conf was created
> > The script /etc/vservers/TEST.sh was created
> > Vserver TEST was created in 0 seconds
> >
> > Virtual server /vservers/TEST already exist
> > Deleting sshd server keys
> > -----
> >
> > and on stderr:
> > --------------
> > Can't open file /vservers/TEST/var/run/utmp (No such file or directory)
> > /usr/sbin/newvserver: /vservers/TEST/etc/hosts: No such file or directory
> > Can't execute passwd (No such file or directory)
> >
> > I reported this in 0.21 (and thought it was fixed ...)
> >
> > Subject: [vserver] newvserver bug in 0.21 (clone "/" broken)
> > From: Herbert Poetzl <herbert_at_13thfloor.at>
> > To: vserver_at_solucorp.qc.ca
> > Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2002 02:27:03 +0100
> >
> > anyway, has somebody looked at the /usr/lib/vserver/mdk8.2-minimum
> > description? I guess not, because Mandrake uses optimized i586
> > RPMs and the list goes ...
> >
> > 4Suite-0.11.1-8.i386.rpm
> > Canna-3.5b2-62.i386.rpm
> > Canna-libs-3.5b2-62.i386.rpm
> > Distutils-1.0.2-2.noarch.rpm
> > MAKEDEV-3.3-4.i386.rpm
> > PyXML-0.7-4.i386.rpm
> > SysVinit-2.84-2.i386.rpm
> > a2ps-4.13b-19.i386.rpm
> >
> > best,
> > Herbert

Generated on Mon 31 Mar 2003 - 18:21:50 BST by hypermail 2.1.3