From: Michael H. Warfield (mhw_at_wittsend.com)
Date: Sat 12 Apr 2003 - 17:11:12 BST

On Mon, Apr 07, 2003 at 10:05:28PM -0500, Jacques Gelinas wrote:
> On Sat, 5 Apr 2003 05:38:01 -0500, Herbert Poetzl wrote

> > Hi Jack!

> > would it hurt to change the

> > if [ $# != 2 ] ; then

> > line in vserver/chkconfig to

> > if [ $# != 2 -a ! -x /vservers/$VSERVER/sbin/chkconfig ] ; then

> > so that

> > vserver <name> chkconfig --list [<name>]
> > vserver <name> chkconfig --add <name>
> > vserver <name> chkconfig --del <name>

> > would show the current service configuration and
> > add/remove services on systems using chkconfig anyway?

> Ok, applied.

> the next release will have /etc/vservers.conf. Currently this file control
> the backgroup startup of vservers on a different tty (handy when you have
> tons of vservers to let them start and have early access to you console).

        Speaking of different ttys... Please consider making the serial
device compiled into the mainline kernel (it's currently a module) and
enabling serial consoles so that the stock kernels can be managed using
serial consoles as well. I have to build custom kernels every time
due to this. The vservers are on remote colo boxes with cross connected
serial consoles. No keyboard, mouse, or monitor even present.

> /vservers may become a variable in there.

> Jacques Gelinas <jack_at_solucorp.qc.ca>
> vserver: run general purpose virtual servers on one box, full speed!
> http://www.solucorp.qc.ca/miscprj/s_context.hc

        Mike

--
 Michael H. Warfield    |  (770) 985-6132   |  mhw_at_WittsEnd.com
  /\/\|=mhw=|\/\/       |  (678) 463-0932   |  http://www.wittsend.com/mhw/

Generated on Sat 12 Apr 2003 - 17:34:53 BST by hypermail 2.1.3