From: Herbert Poetzl (herbert_at_13thfloor.at)
Date: Fri 11 Apr 2003 - 08:23:46 BST

On Fri, Apr 11, 2003 at 07:47:24AM +0300, Lyashkov Alex wrote:
> On Friday 11 April 2003 07:15, Dinesh Mistry wrote:
> > Alex,
> >
> > What differences are there between your kernel and the current release
> > ctx-17? Do you apply your patches to Jacques releases? I am not quite sure
> > how all these patches fir together :(
> >
> my patch is fork vserver project for kernels with Red Hat patches.
> (as O(1) scheduler, new type threads, lowlatency, overcommit memory, etc..)
> some part is get from ctx-16 but other rewrited for support additions.
>
> You can apply Jacques or my patches, but not two together.
>
> 2Jacques: You can add to FAQ differences between you and my patches ?
>
> 2All: What other features need in vserver ?

some kind of kill-every-process in one context
would be nice ...

consider the folowing script (or try it on your box)

----------------------
#!/bin/bash

for n in 1 2; do
    sleep 1
    echo "have a nice day $$/$n ..."
    ( $0 & )
done
sleep 5

start it in a vserver with, lets say a limit
of 1000 processes (maximum) and try to kill
these thing once started ... it's not trivial ...