From: Tor Rune Skoglund (trs_at_datakompaniet.no)
Date: Mon 14 Apr 2003 - 22:26:25 BST

----- Original Message -----
> - verify with chkconfig that any services are
> enabled (this can be done with vserver xxx enter)
> (vserver build does not enable them by default)
> - check the rc scripts for some early sanity checks
> which would block any further actions ...

I'm no expert, but AFAIK SuSE 8.1 uses init.d and not rc.d "for
better LSB compatibility", as they say it.... Maybe that can cause
some problems.(?)

Additional question: I have not been able to install the
vserver-admin package yet as it (at least) requires the linuxconf-util
and linuxconf-lib packages, which are not installed by SuSE 8.1,
and I haven't found any SuSE 8.1 RPM of those.
So how do one install vserver-admin manually?

Best regards
Tor Rune Skoglund
torrunes_at_datakompaniet.no

Generated on Tue 22 Apr 2003 - 18:41:46 BST by hypermail 2.1.3