From: Klavs Klavsen (kl_at_vsen.dk)
Date: Thu 08 May 2003 - 17:36:50 BST

On Thu, 2003-05-08 at 00:26, Wray Cason wrote:
[SNIP]
> This is the first occasion I have had to patch a kernel. Good stuff. I am a
> bit confused on one point however. I am using patch-2.4.20ctx-17. The patch
> is obviously not meant for the vanilla 2.4.20 kernel since there is a bunch of
> file system stuff in the patch that isn't in the kernel. I applied the patch
> to the RH 2.4.20-9 kernel and got several .rej's.
>
> What kernel is this patch meant for exactly? 2.4.20 + other patches?

this patch:
ftp://ftp.solucorp.qc.ca/pub/vserver/patch-2.4.20ctx-17.gz

is meant for the 2.4.20-vanilla kernel - and it applies just fine for
me.

How are you patching?

--
Regards,
Klavs Klavsen, GSEC - kl_at_vsen.dk - http://www.vsen.dk

Working with Unix is like wrestling a worthy opponent. Working with windows is like attacking a small whining child who is carrying a .38.

Generated on Thu 08 May 2003 - 18:08:40 BST by hypermail 2.1.3