From: Mitchell Smith (mjs_at_blitztechnology.net)
Date: Thu 08 May 2003 - 21:50:45 BST

Hi again list,

In a production environment does UML http://user-mode-linux.sourceforge.net
offer any security advantages over vserver?

Am just thinking in terms of UML running it's own kernel in userspace, vs a
system running in a chrooted environment. Which would be easier to break
out of?

The other advantage I see over UML, is you would be able to enforce per user
system resource limits, amount of memory etc, where as you probably couldn't
do that with vserver, or no way that I have found yet.

Any suggestions on the advantages of one system over the other greatly
appreciated.

Thanks

>From Mitchell

Generated on Thu 08 May 2003 - 22:21:17 BST by hypermail 2.1.3