From: Tor Rune Skoglund (trs_at_datakompaniet.no)
Date: Wed 21 May 2003 - 18:32:32 BST

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mike Savage" <Mike.Savage_at_datastream.net>
Subject: RE: [vserver] vserver xxx stop hanging

> Make sure that when in your vserver, that you disable the network service,
> ie.
> While in vserver...
> cd /etc/rc.d/init.d
> chkconfig --del network
>
> If this service is configured, it will try to stop the eth0 device, which
> obviously can't be done from within a vserver.

I also found that ip is hanging on e.g "yast network" config save.
But it seems to be necessary to have the network service running
for some of the rc.d startup scripts that require the network
service to be running before the script itself can be run. (?)

However, it found that vserver stop (or whatever subprocess) manage to
kill the ip process when stopping the vserver.
This is on a SuSE 8.1 based system.

Best regards
Tor Rune Skoglund
torrunes_at_datakompaniet.no

Generated on Wed 21 May 2003 - 19:52:51 BST by hypermail 2.1.3