From: Roderick A. Anderson (raanders_at_acm.org)
Date: Thu 05 Jun 2003 - 00:10:22 BST

I know I've seen this discussed here before but I let the messages get
away from me and my searches have got no where.

Rather than spend a lot of time fighting a possible Windows issue I'll ask
if I need to add any special capabilities to a vserver to get samba
clients to work. I'm trying to mount a Win2K share so I have real tools
to process some data on it but I get the following error.

        mount error: Operation not permitted
        Please refer to the smbmnt(8) manual page
        smbmnt failed: 255

I have chmod the three files smbmount, smbmnt, smbumount and I'm using
the same connect process that work from the main server (though different
physical machine). All the smaba-client stuff has been installed.

Any pointers, thoughts, ideas, clues?

TIA,
Rod