From: Herbert Poetzl (herbert_at_13thfloor.at)
Date: Wed 11 Jun 2003 - 13:37:21 BST

On Wed, Jun 11, 2003 at 02:18:56PM +0800, Joseph S Chung wrote:

> The files are there and that is why I do not understand the message. Also,
> if I execute
> "vserver vs1 start"
> ...the following message comes up
>
> "Can't execute /etc/rc.d/rc (No such file or directory)"
> ...and again the file is there.

Hi Joseph!

vserver <name> start/enter operates on a virtual
server context and directory ...

I guess your directory can not be found correctly
or does not contain the required files ....

- check that /etc/vservers/vs1.conf and /etc/vservers/vs1.sh
  exist and actually contain appropriate data
- verify that /vservers/vs1 (this is the important part)
  exists, is a directory and contains a complete
  virtual server root hierarchy (double check for typos)
- verify permissions on this directory, and the
  mentioned files ..

for example /bin/bash in the virtual server vs1
should be located at /vservers/vs1/bin/bash on the
physical server ...

hth,
Herbert