From: Herbert Poetzl (herbert_at_13thfloor.at)
Date: Sun 15 Jun 2003 - 14:38:07 BST
On Sun, Jun 15, 2003 at 01:13:07PM +0200, Georges Toth wrote:
> i would like to try out your quota system
fine! you are welcomed to do so!
it is somewhat outdated, because I got no feedback
at all (neither positive nor negative), and I'm
currently working on the next generation ...
maybe Alexeys approach would suit your needs more
(because it actually is maintained, and used ... ;)
> could you please give me instructions on how to set things up,
> on a shared partiotion those docs are missing on your website and
approach III (which isn't documented yet ;) on my howto
page http://www.13thfloor.at/VServer/HowTo.shtml is very
similar to approach II, except for the following:
- no mount is done/required
- only one vroot device (for shared device)
- vquota patch and quota-tools patch are
required in addition to II
what you can do with this implementation:
- per context quota (user and group)
- context quota (vserver usage limit)
- quota from within/outside vserver
- edquota from within/outside vserver
- quotacheck and repquota from outside
what doesn't work:
- quotacheck from within vserver
- repquota without nasty links of the quota files
> last time i mailed you you only gave me general links about quota.
sorry, it seems I misinterpreted your request ...
(I had the feeling, your intention is to code/improve
quota related stuff ... developer style)
> Georges Toth