From: Herbert Poetzl (herbert_at_13thfloor.at)
Date: Sun 22 Jun 2003 - 20:07:00 BST

On Sun, Jun 22, 2003 at 08:06:50PM +0200, Roland Moriz wrote:
> Am Son, 2003-06-22 um 19.59 schrieb Herbert Poetzl:
> > hmm, obviously I'm missing something ...
> >
> > please try to explain from the beginning.
>
> okay :)
>

> 1. I'm running 2.4.21 ctx17 with your vqouta/vroot patches and LVM
> 2. I've installed a patched quota-tools, vquota and vserver package
> 3. my current vservers are located on /dev/sda9 mounted as /home
>
> I want to limit the amount of diskspace a vserver can use.
>
> Unfortunately your documentation skips the part "shared partition" at
> http://www.13thfloor.at/VServer/HowTo.shtml.
>
> So i'm confused about what i should do now...

ahh, now I understand ...

okay first make sure that you use static/fixed
context numbers for your vservers (otherwise
some nice surprises are waiting for you)

(nomenglature: [P] Physical, [V] Virtual)

now enable quota (usrquota, grpquota and ctxquota)
on that shared partition (mount entries), and
after [P] quotacheck -vmaugx you should be able to
look at user, group and context quota from [P]

changing context quota with edquota should now
be possible, and after [P] quotaon this quota
will be tracked and enforced ...

then start one or two servers on your shared
partition (/vservers) and look at the [P] quota
and how it changes ...

because this is designed to work on 'shared' data
initially all files in a vserver belong to ctx-0
and automagically migrate to ctx-N when written
to ...

hth,
Herbert

PS: you are the second person using this
stuff (not including myself), so I will soon
start to write the missing howto ;)