From: Chris Murton (chrism_at_areti.net)
Date: Tue 24 Jun 2003 - 19:17:48 BST

Hello,

After wrestling with vserver for a while, I've finally come up with a
way to run nicely and happily under Debian for us.

However, when I create a new vserver by copying over templates, then do
echo "hostname" > /path/to/vserver/etc/hostname and start the vserver,
several daemons have problems looking things up, and when I enter the
vserver, it's got the original hostname from the template server, and
not the contents of /etc/hostname. This is not the end of the problem.

vserver-1:/# hostname host-28
hostname: you must be root to change the host name
vserver-1:/# whoami
root

Any thoughts? ;)

Thanks,
Chris.

Generated on Tue 24 Jun 2003 - 19:33:54 BST by hypermail 2.1.3