From: Lars Braeuer (lbraeuer_at_mpex.net)
Date: Tue 08 Jul 2003 - 13:55:34 BST

Herbert Poetzl wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 08, 2003 at 12:40:02PM +0200, Lars Braeuer wrote:
>
>>>quota tools try to resolve (hide) the numeric values
>>>the quota system actually uses (can be supressed with
>>>the -n option) but as the context specific versions
>>>of for example 'root' will have some offset (2^16 * ctx)
>>>they won't be found in the host (physical) server.
>>>
>>>although they should be shown correctly in the virtual
>>>server, otherwise something _is_ wrong ...
>>
>>well, in repquota I'm only getting the numbers instead of the actual
>>usernames of the newly added users. but "quota" shows the right names and
>>quota seems to work fine with the users in the vserver.
>>
>>User used soft hard grace used soft hard grace
>>root -- 88926 0 0 6503 0 0
>>daemon -- 2 0 0 3 0 0
>>man -- 1 0 0 1 0 0
>>mail -- 7 0 0 6 0 0
>>news -- 1 0 0 1 0 0
>>#262144 -- 21957 0 0 1536 0 0
>>#196608 -- 55 0 0 0 0 0
>>#263145 -- 11 100 200 6 0 0
>>#263146 -- 1 155 255 3 0 0
>>#327680 -- 1 0 0 0 0 0
>>#263147 -- 5 10 20 4 30 40
>>#262152 -- 25 0 0 9 0 0
>>#262150 -- 122 0 0 15 0 0
>

> is this the output from repquota within the virtual
> server?

exactly (repquota -aug). I can live with it, as long as the quota command shows
the right usernames and enforces the quota's correctly - that's what it seems to do.

here's the output from the hostsystem (repquota -aug):

User CTX used soft hard grace used soft hard grace
root -- 1841640 0 0 70414 0 0
daemon -- 16 0 0 6 0 0
man -- 536 0 0 29 0 0
lp -- 12 0 0 3 0 0
mail -- 64 0 0 19 0 0
news -- 8 0 0 2 0 0
mpex -- 328 1000 1500 6 0 0
identd -- 4 0 0 1 0 0
#4043 0 -- 644 0 0 59 0 0
#200 0 -- 584 0 0 83 0 0
#505 0 -- 5148 0 0 274 0 0
#573 0 -- 454248 0 0 33443 0 0
#3009 0 -- 2512 0 0 305 0 0
#0 2 -- 4 0 0 0 0 0

>>the following line is added by the vquota patch, is this some kind of
>>debugging message?
>>
>>printk("ext3_new_inode: context = %d\n", inode->i_context);
>

> this is only a debug message, so it can be
> removed without any sideeffects ...

this should probably be mentioned somewhere for ext3 users, because it's really
annoying to restart the server and being flooded with these messages.

Generated on Tue 08 Jul 2003 - 14:15:49 BST by hypermail 2.1.3