From: Hans-Juergen Schwarz (info_at_hjs.de)
Date: Thu 10 Jul 2003 - 12:52:52 BST

Hello List,
I got a problem syncing a running vserver with a installed mysql
database. The synced mysql will not start any more with the following
error in the logs

Can't start server : Bind on unix socket: No such file or directory
030710 15:35:03 Do you already have another mysqld server running on
socket: /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock ?

but there is no mysql.sock at all on the system. I do the syncing with
the following command:

rsync -avze ssh --exclude /*/proc --exclude /*/var/run/ /vservers/mysql
192.168.100.99:/var/lib/vservers/

and I do it not over a existing synced vserver. Im running debian on the
vserver. A apt-get remove mysql-server an install it again fixes the
problem. Where is the mysql.sock held or what else causes the problem?
Syncing with no --exclude at all causes the same problem.

Thank you very much for help

Hans-Juergen

Generated on Thu 10 Jul 2003 - 13:23:49 BST by hypermail 2.1.3