From: Martin List-Petersen (martin_at_list-petersen.dk)
Date: Thu 17 Jul 2003 - 10:47:44 BST

Citat Bjoern Stierand <bs_at_skyrix.com>:

> Hi Dariush, hi list
>
> On Thursday, Jul 17, 2003, at 09:46 Europe/Berlin, Dariush Pietrzak
> wrote:
> >> I'm currently running 2.4.20 with ctx17 and grsec 1.9.9h over here,
> >> cause the -ctx17 for 2.4.21 (both the official one and the one from
> >> Herbert) caused some trouble.
> > could you please detail what kind of trouble it caused?
> Yeah, sure. The official patch didn't apply cleanly on udp.c iirc -
> if didn't compile afterwards and some quick fix by me smashed the
> whole UDP protocol - I didn't have time to investigate this any further.
>
> Herbert's patch seemed to freeze the kernel when booting - it worked for
> a while, but then the server stopped after the kernel was uncompressed.
> That didn't happen with the official -ctx17 patch. As I said earlier,
> I didn't had time to investigate this in detail, so I switched back
> to 2.4.20 for now.

Sounds weird. I've got a system running stable for about a week now on 2.4.21,
acpi20030619, herberts ctx17 patch + vquota.

Regards,
Martin List-Petersen
martin at list-petersen dot dk

--
Q:	How do you shoot a blue elephant?
A:	With a blue-elephant gun.

Q: How do you shoot a pink elephant? A: Twist its trunk until it turns blue, then shoot it with a blue-elephant gun.