From: Herbert Pötzl (herbert_at_13thfloor.at)
Date: Wed 23 Jul 2003 - 14:33:05 BST

On Wed, Jul 23, 2003 at 12:38:36PM +0200, Guillaume Plessis wrote:
> Hello
>
> I have some problem compiling a 2.4.21 vanilla kernel with the ctx17
> patch provided on solucorp.qc.ca.
>
> Since the situation about vserver and ipv6 stuff is not clear, I don't
> want to enable the ipv6 options during the kernel configuration. But, if
> I don't, the compilation fails with this error message :
>
> gcc -D__KERNEL__ -I/usr/src/linux-2.4.21/include -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -Wno-trigraphs -O2 -fno-strict-aliasing -fno-common -fomit-frame-pointer -pipe -mpreferred-stack-boundary=2 -march=i686 -nostdinc -iwithprefix include -DKBUILD_BASENAME=udp -c -o udp.o udp.c
> udp.c: In function `udp_v4_lookup_longway':
> udp.c:239: warning: unused variable `score'
> udp.c:245: `score' undeclared (first use in this function)
>
> I also watched the udp_v4_lookup_longway function in net/ipv4/udp.c and
> saw some changes between 2.4.20-ctx17 and 2.4.21-ctx17. The scoring
> values changed and I don't want to break the IP stack applying hazardous
> changes.
> Looking at the code, it's clear that the score variable is not defined
> if the kernel is compiled without ipv6.
>
> So could someone help me to fix this problem by initialising 'score' with
> the good score values?

hmm, just have a look at http://www.13thfloor.at/VServer/Patches.shtml
I didn't add Jacques 'updates' in my patches yet, because I
had no time to check them ...

basically jacques-ctx17.diff.bz2 should be the change you are
referring to, so simply using my version of the patch, or
reverting the jacques-ctx17.diff.bz2 patch should do the trick ...

HTH,
Herbert