From: Roderick A. Anderson (raanders_at_acm.org)
Date: Thu 31 Jul 2003 - 02:14:44 BST

I have a system I can't really take down - even by accident - with a root
server based on Redhat Linux 7.3 and using 2.4.21ctx-17a and vservers-23.

I'm getting ready to build a new vserver and would like to use RHL 8 or 9.
I have confidence in using 8's CDs but some concerns about 9. One deals
with the message posted earlier today(?) about newvserver going into an
endless loop and the other is the kernel/compiler changes that are
reported to make upgrading a pain if not impossible. (threading library
issue?)

So what are your thoughts on RHL 9 and RHL 9 in a vserver with a RHL 7.3
root server?

Best Regards,
Rod