From: Herbert Pötzl (herbert_at_13thfloor.at)
Date: Fri 01 Aug 2003 - 00:38:45 BST

Hi Enrico!

again, good work!

On Fri, Aug 01, 2003 at 12:58:08AM +0200, Enrico Scholz wrote:
> Herbert Pötzl <herbert_at_13thfloor.at> writes:
>
> >> Ok; a first try is available at
> >>
> >> http://www-user.tu-chemnitz.de/~ensc/vserver/vserverx-0.23.tar.bz2
> > the following suggestions:
> >
> > - use -I/usr/src/linux/include where CAPs and syscalls are compiled
>
> difficultly; I do not want that the linux-headers from kernel-sources
> are used with normal userspace programs. I solved it by linking
> .../linux/capability.h into the source-tree and including this file.
>
> I am not using /usr/src/linux but try /lib/modules/`uname -r/build
> first; this can be overridden with the '--with-kerneldir=...' option on
> ./configure.

hmm, might be sufficient ... we'll see ...

> > - get rid of the excessive automake copyrights of yours
> > (I counted 9 in Makefile for example ...)
>
> Why? GNU suggests in [1] that any non-trivial file should contain such a
> copyright notice and because I wrote these files from scratch, I am the
> copyright-holder.

you got me totally wrong on this ...

after automake, Makefile for example, contains nine
times your copyright notice, where one time would be
enough ...

I do not want to have those notices removed, only
reduced in number ... but if you like it several
times _in_one_file_ it shall be okay with me ...

> > - fix the format issues I reported in my last reply ...
>
> Fixed; a separate patch is available at
>
> http://www.tu-chemnitz.de/~ensc/vserver/vserver-0.23-format.patch
>
> but because of the changed paths/filenames it can not be applied directly
> to the original vserver package.

perfect ...

> A new package with the fixes above is available at
>
> http://www-user.tu-chemnitz.de/~ensc/vserver/vserverx-0.23.1.tar.bz2

> Enrico
>
> Footnotes:
> [1] http://www.gnu.org/prep/maintain_8.html

Generated on Fri 01 Aug 2003 - 01:02:59 BST by hypermail 2.1.3