From: Girts (baobabs_at_sveiks.lv)
Date: Fri 01 Aug 2003 - 09:56:41 BST

> One simple way of doing it is to setup a reverse-proxy (squid, for
> instance) in the public ip and tell the reverse-proxy how to reach, in
> the internal network, those domains. This can be done with DNS.

So squid can be run even on the VServer host, right?

What about remote access to VServers (ssh, ftp) then?

I guess NAT can be used, but it will be very confusing ("To connect to
your server using SSH, connect to ip xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx, port 5313", or so).

Maybe just one sshd can be run on the host server. There would be one
username per virtualserver and after SSHing to the main server, the sshd
server could chcontext/chroot to the appropriate VServer. Would it be
hard to implement such a hack? Any other solutions?

Best regards,
Girts

Generated on Fri 01 Aug 2003 - 10:19:05 BST by hypermail 2.1.3