From: Herbert Pötzl (herbert_at_13thfloor.at)
Date: Tue 05 Aug 2003 - 01:29:46 BST

On Mon, Aug 04, 2003 at 05:12:38PM -0700, Roderick A. Anderson wrote:
> when it's got no name or /etc/vserver files!
>
> Not quite sure how it happened but I how have an unlabeled vserver - just
> a context number and nothing in /var/run/vserver directory. Is there a
> method besides shutting down all of the vservers and restarting them to
> get rid of this annoying little thingy.

well, /var/run/vservers/<name>.ctx usually contains the
context number and profile, so there should be such a file
if the vserver is displayed in vserver-stat, simply renaming
this file to XXX.ctx should be sufficient ...

on the other hand, if you lost your server somehow ;)
and vserver-stat doesn't display it, the simples way would
be to chcontext to this context and kill all processes
and unmount any mounts into the chrooted environment ...

HTH,
Herbert