From: Herbert Pötzl (herbert_at_13thfloor.at)
Date: Wed 13 Aug 2003 - 16:04:51 BST

On Wed, Aug 13, 2003 at 03:23:10PM +0100, Chris Murton wrote:
> Hi Herbert,
>
> > probably you either do not make use of devfs or
> > named your volume group other than 'vg', this is
> > not related to vquota at all ...
> >
> > what do you want to accomplish?
> > o) per context user/group quota or
> > o) quota (limit) for an entire context
>
> Ideally "per context user/group quota".
>
> > do you plan to do it with separate partitions
> > or on a shared one ...
>
> Once again, ideally on a shared partition (we have already created
> a 50Gig odd partition for all our virtual servers before we came across
> vquota etc).
>
> > is it a problem for you to upgrade to 2.4.22-rc2?

if not, and you are brave (willing to test some
new stuff) I would suggest to have a look at

http://vserver.13thfloor.at/Linux2.6/index.php?page=Per+Context+Quota

keep in mind, this is experimental stuff, so do not
put it on production systems without good reason ...

> > > stat that directory (as it doesn't exist).
> >
> > most likely it simply doesn't exist ...
> > check with
> > ls -lda /dev/vg
> > ls -la /dev/vg/part1
>
> Indeed not, it doesn't. ;)

'vg' is from my volume group example (based on lvm)
so it's not surprising that you do not have this ...

HTH,
Herbert

> Regards,
> Chris.

Generated on Wed 13 Aug 2003 - 16:25:35 BST by hypermail 2.1.3