About this list Date view Thread view Subject view Author view Attachment view

From: Roderick A. Anderson (raanders_at_acm.org)
Date: Fri 15 Aug 2003 - 01:29:28 BST

Several days ago I had a problem with un-named vservers showing up when I
used vserver-stat. I wasn't sure how I had done it and the solutions
offered went right over my head.
   Well today I discovered how to cause those un-labeled/named vservers.


[root_at_hugin vservers]# vserver-stat
0 36 47MB 2kB 13h21m39 3h34m16 78d10h40 root server
2 9 82MB 7kB 1h45m59 25m18.28 78d10h39
3 9 70MB 3kB 1h02m26 22m56.35 78d10h39
6 8 60MB 2kB 10m07.66 5m15.90 78d10h38 tsmg1
7 8 58MB 2kB 3m28.16 2m27.53 78d10h38 tsmg2
25 9 59MB 3kB 41m11.61 31m32.66 69d11h36
26 8 13MB 550B 27m42.76 18m26.56 64d01h52 tsmg4
28 8 13MB 579B 41m24.61 35m25.54 35d01h02 tsmg3
110 8 60MB 4kB m03.68 m00.80 7m57.03 ieway1
120 8 60MB 4kB m03.45 m00.78 9m27.80 ieway2
130 8 54MB 3kB m00.33 m00.26 9m05.86 ieway3
140 9 59MB 4kB m02.61 m00.31 8m47.72 ieway4

Note CTX# 2, 3, and 25. While trying to tidy up this system by assigning
contexts numbers I got out of sync and stopped the servers with the new
S_CONTEXT values in place. Got lots of FAILED messages from the vserver.
Then they came back up with the new CTX#s after I deleted the
ieway[1234}.ctx files in /var/run/vservers.

The only way I know to get rid of them is to reboot the server.


  "Open Source Software - Sometimes you get more than you paid for..."

About this list Date view Thread view Subject view Author view Attachment view
[Next/Previous Months] [Main vserver Project Homepage] [Howto Subscribe/Unsubscribe] [Paul Sladen's vserver stuff]
Generated on Fri 15 Aug 2003 - 01:57:15 BST by hypermail 2.1.3