From: Herbert Pötzl (herbert_at_13thfloor.at)
Date: Wed 20 Aug 2003 - 21:14:57 BST

On Wed, Aug 20, 2003 at 02:22:04PM -0400, Dinesh Mistry wrote:

> Jaques,??
>
> Is there any plan for ctx-18 any time soon, I hate to sound like I am
> bitching but there are like 50 side projects none merged in to the work you
> have done. I run your code in production and would like to stick with one
> path rather than 50 separate directions. Its been a long time since a
> release has happened.
>
> Anyone else care to shed their opinions?

hmm, if I remember right, Jacques hasn't answered any
of my emails since December 2002, where I complained
that the mailing list was down ...

an IIRC, he never included any of my patches, so I
guess the ~50 sideprojects (IMHO at most 10 ;) will
continue regardless of a ctx18 release and it's
features ...

what I would like to see accepted into mainstream?

 - the plain C version of the vserver tools
 - the Task Virtualization I proposed
 - a new scheduler for vserver
 - pivot_root and cloned namespaces

Generated on Wed 20 Aug 2003 - 22:02:59 BST by hypermail 2.1.3