From: Eje Gustafsson (Macahan_at_fament.com)
Date: Thu 21 Aug 2003 - 20:09:50 BST

Yes like Virtual Private Network. Sorry guess should been more exact.

I would like to be able to do a IPSec VPN (I have a router solution
that can originate or terminate a VPN session) and have a Vserver be
the VPN server to generate a encrypted tunnel between numerous remote
routers so they can do radius communication over a encrypted tunnel.
ssh tunneling wouldn't work at least I don't think there is any way
that a sssh tunnel would work as termination point for a IPSec or PPtP
session.

I know FreeSwan is one IPSec application for Linux.

/ Eje

Tuesday, August 19, 2003, 10:17:59 AM, you wrote:

HP> On Mon, Aug 18, 2003 at 09:56:35PM -0500, Eje Gustafsson wrote:
>> Anyone tested to do a VPN server in a vserver server ?
>> If it works any gotchas and any needed extra permissions ?

HP> VPN like Virtual Private Network?

HP> well, ssh tunneling and port forwarding does this,
HP> and this works perfectly for me ...

HP> but I guess you have a specific app or setup in mind,
HP> maybe you could give a short description ...

HP> best,
HP> Herbert

>> Best regards,
>> Eje Gustafsson mailto:MacAhan_at_fament.com
>> --
>> The Family Entertainment Network http://www.fament.com
>> Phone : 620-231-7777 Fax : 620-231-4066
>> - Your Full Time Professionals -
>> Mikrotik OEM dealer - Online Store http://www.fament.net/
>>
>> --
>> [This E-mail scanned for viruses by Declude Virus]

Best regards,
 Eje Gustafsson mailto:MacAhan_at_fament.com

---
The Family Entertainment Network      eFax  : 240-376-7272
Phone : 620-231-7777                  Fax   : 620-231-4066
Online Store http://www.fament.com/catalog/
          - Your Full Time Professionals -

-- [This E-mail scanned for viruses by Declude Virus]

Generated on Thu 21 Aug 2003 - 20:40:28 BST by hypermail 2.1.3