From: Sam Vilain (sam_at_vilain.net)
Date: Sat 13 Sep 2003 - 12:41:20 BST

On Fri, 12 Sep 2003 16:28, Paul Sladen wrote;

> > > This doesn't work with the inbound traffic.
> > might explain how to share inbound trafik as well
> Not without cooperation from the ISP it isn't...

Read the LARTC (http://lartc.org/), it explains how Ingress policing
is used to limit and distribute input bandwidth. It works by dropping
packets from sources that are using too much, in the hope that they'll
start ramping back their transmission rate (as TCP does).

--
Sam Vilain, sam_at_vilain.net

My life has no purpose, no direction, no aim, no meaning, and yet I'm happy. I can't figure it out. What am I doing right? -- Charles M. Schulz