From: Dariush Pietrzak (eyck_at_ghost.anime.pl)
Date: Fri 19 Sep 2003 - 07:11:47 BST

> hmm, interesting, sounds like a bug to me,
> but why wasn't it detected earlier?
>
> by the way, which kernel, and patches?
 this is with wolk4.3s, that would be ctx16, userspace is .23.
This happened once on me before, but I was in a hurry so I re-run
debian-newvserver, reinstalled everything and it worked fine.
 Because of that, and because I have few more vservers that are still
working fine, I think that this must be caused by something in this
particular vserver.

> try to find out what are the permissions of
> /dev/pts/22 ...
 On vservers with a problem, there is no /dev/pts/22, but on one that is
working fine:
$ ls -l /dev/pts/15
crw--w---- 1 eyck tty 136, 15 Sep 19 08:00 /dev/pts/15
 And before I log in, there is no /dev/pts/15, just /dev/pts:
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 0 Sep 19 06:30 pts
so it seems like devpts is working fine. But why isn't it working on it's
sister vserv?

> that stuff is mounted from outside, in the
> startup scripts (vserver <name> start) ...
Ook, I see that:
                mount -t proc none $1/proc
                mount -t devpts none $1/dev/pts
I assumed I have to put something in fstab, but it seems like it's
always mounted.

I think I'll try playing with kernel upgrades then...

regards,

--
Mayoi komuno wa Usuyami no sekai, Dariush Pietrzak
Key fingerprint = 40D0 9FFB 9939 7320 8294  05E0 BCC7 02C4 75CC 50D9