From: Linus Torvalds (torvalds_at_osdl.org)
Date: Thu 02 Oct 2003 - 00:22:53 BST

On Wed, 1 Oct 2003, Chris Wright wrote:

> Doesn't sound like 2.6 material.

Agreed. I know virtualization is fairly high up on the list of things that
people ask for, and some people actually end up using UML for that. But
right now it's just a system call number placeholder, not something that
will go in.

And I suspect you'll find a number of vendors who start integrating
patches into their "server release" thing if there truly is enough
pressure from users. Which is fine.

                Linus

Generated on Thu 02 Oct 2003 - 00:50:02 BST by hypermail 2.1.3