From: Jacques Gelinas (jack_at_solucorp.qc.ca)
Date: Thu 02 Oct 2003 - 05:27:47 BST

On Tue, 30 Sep 2003 18:35:01 -0500, Herbert Poetzl wrote

> Dear VServer Community!
>
> In reaction to several requests on the IRC channel and
> some emails, I am willing to 'officially' take over the
> VServer project, with the 1st of November, if, and only
> if, I don't receive any objection until this date.
>
> This is no hostile take over, and when Jacques returns
> (I'm still in hope he does) I will not refuse to transfer
> the leadership for this project.

Life is hard, I can tell you.

Go for it.

I had a great start on this project with several releases and then
not much for a year. I am still using it all the time (we have something like
150 vservers at the offfice) and I am still developping stuff. The chroot_safe
is done and I have been working on resource limitation.

For those interested, it is very hard to handle open source project for many years.
I am doing this since 1992 with the same email address. During august and early
september, I was getting something like 10,000 emails a day. Using whatever tools
available, reading emails stopped being fun. I have lost several useful messages
because they looked like spam or virus.

I have currently 10000 emails in my inbox (mind you my email reader works
on top of mysql) and there is al least 4000 messages I should read in there.

Install you stuff and once done, I will put links on the current web site.