From: Tor Rune Skoglund (trs_at_datakompaniet.no)
Date: Thu 16 Oct 2003 - 23:27:21 BST

> Does anyone successfully QoS / Traffic Shape vservers?

I _will_ be doing it later, so your findings will be most
interesting.

However, my plan is to do it on the vserver-host's frontend to
the net, and not on the vserver itself as I can imagine there
might be unwanted side effects when running it in the host.
Maybe that is an easier way to go?

> I'm attempting to do so and it doesn't look like it's seeing any of the
> traffic.
>
> ie:
> [root_at_vps4 cbq]# /etc/init.d/cbq.init stats
> ### eth0: queueing disciplines
>
> qdisc tbf 640: rate 128Kbit burst 10223b lat 627.0s
> Sent 0 bytes 0 pkts (dropped 0, overlimits 0)
>
> qdisc tbf 1000: rate 1000Kbit burst 10Kb lat 80.0s
> Sent 0 bytes 0 pkts (dropped 0, overlimits 0)
>
> qdisc cbq 1: rate 1Mbit (bounded,isolated) prio no-transmit
> Sent 666 bytes 5 pkts (dropped 0, overlimits 0)
> borrowed 0 overactions 0 avgidle 3 undertime 0
>
> qdisc ingress ffff:
> Sent 4715724 bytes 58762 pkts (dropped 0, overlimits 0)
>
>>From all that I know about how vservers operate, this should work. If
> anyone has this working care to show your configuration? :)

Best regards
Tor Rune Skoglund
torrunes_at_datakompaniet.no