From: Herbert Poetzl (herbert_at_13thfloor.at)
Date: Wed 22 Oct 2003 - 13:19:34 BST

On Tue, Oct 21, 2003 at 11:06:35PM -0500, Jacques Gelinas wrote:
> On Tue, 21 Oct 2003 02:03:03 -0500, Herbert Poetzl wrote
> >

> > please note that this version requires new tools
> > (util-vserver 0.23.92 or later) to work. you can
> > get them either from the same directory, or from
> > Enricos util-vserver page at savannah.nongnu.org
>
> This is confusing. Why change the name of the package.
> I mean, if people want to upgrade their system to the
> new kernel, they expect to find the corresponding vserver
> and vserver-admin package with the same functionality.

sorry, jack, but it is no more confusing, than your
releases of ctx17c and ctx18pre1, which where done,
after I announced stable release c17e ...

> The util-vserver is no more an exploration. It becomes
> a must have to operate this project.

exactly, this is the reason why util-vserver _is_ the
stable/default version of userspace tools for the
linux-vserver kernel project ...

again, releasing some stray -24 and -25er tools was not
a GoodThing(tm) IMHO ... but s*** happens ...

> btw, Why util-vserver has dropped the newverser command.

please ask Enrico, he will have his reasons ...

> Why not jump to ctx-18 or 20. The ctx-17 should be the
> end of the old syscall strategy. And it should be seen
> as the last stable one until the new syscall stuff is
> known to work. So please, rename it.

ctx-17 is _not_ the last stable, because it has some
bugs, which where fixed up to c17f ...

c17f _is_ the last stable release (which is basically
a cleaned up version of your ctx17c ...

as I announced on this mailing list, c17h is the
latest release, and one releasecandidate for vserver-1.0
which should happend end of this month ...

HTH,
Herbert

PS: please add a link to linux-vserver.org on your
webpage (best place would be above the animation)