From: Alexander Goeres (agoeres_at_lieblinx.net)
Date: Fri 24 Oct 2003 - 13:21:27 BST

The main reason why I didn't use util-vservers is, that they lack the
newvserver-command. Creating a vserver out of the host and then deinstalling
everything I don't want or grabbing the packages by hand to install a vserver
is both very tedious..

So if the util-vserver tools could contain a newvserver-command in the future
it would be a great help.

Compiling and installing the util-vserver tools was no problem and if you know
where the installation process puts all the files you can easily fit them
into the existing host-structure. Debianization is not really necessary but
of course would make the use of vservers much easyer for Debianists...

Greetings

Alexander

Am Freitag, 24. Oktober 2003 12:57 schrieben Sie:
> On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 17:03, Alexander Goeres wrote;
>
> > > You need to use the later version of the vserver tools you can find
>
> links
>
> > > for downloads @ http://www.linux-vserver.org/
> >
> > My host system is Debian Woody and the vserver tools I installed
> > come from the Debian "testing" branch and are version 0.23-3. They
> > work perfectly with the 2.4.22-c17f patch, but not at all with the
> > 2.4.22-c17h patch. Is it a problem with the tools or with the
> > patch?
>
> c17g simultaneously implemented a new syscall and dropped support for
> the old syscall. the util-vserver package detects the correct one
> automatically.
>
> It's on my to-do list to debian-ize util-vserver; is this your primary
> administrative concern?

agoeres_at_lieblinx.net
tel.: +49 (0)30 / 61 20 26 87
fax: +49 (0)30 / 61 20 26 89