From: Asbjørn Sannes (ace_at_sannes.org)
Date: Fri 31 Oct 2003 - 09:01:17 GMT

On Thursday 30 October 2003 17:43, Jacques Gelinas wrote:

> Whenever the kernel drop a "main" IP aliases, all the related (secondary)
> IP aliases (same network) are also dropped.

A quick workaround would be to put up a dummy alias first maybe? I myself
don't remove the aliases when the vserver is down (this may or may not be a
workable solution for everyone, but it works for me because the vservers I
run are up most of the time.)

Asbjorn Sannes
ace_at_sannes.org
www.sannes.org