From: GuruJ (GuruJ_at_mbox.com.au)
Date: Sat 01 Nov 2003 - 02:04:46 GMT

Jacques Gelinas wrote:

> After copying, create a new configuration file in /etc/vservers
>
> Then enter the vserver
>
> vserver new enter
>
> Then turn off all services
>
> cd /etc/rc.d/init.d
> for serv in *
> do
> /sbin/chkconfig $serv off
> done
>
> Then turn only the services you need. Generally
>
> chkconfig crond on
> chkconfig syslog on
> chkconfig httpd on
>
> exit
>
> and start the vserver

I think this is a *really* handy thing for people to be told when they
first set up VServers, ie. that you don't need to run all the services
again inside their VServer.

It took me a while to figure this out when I first started using
vserver, and your scripted solution is very elegant. Any chance of this
going into a FAQ or doc somewhere?

-- GuruJ.