From: Herbert Poetzl (herbert_at_13thfloor.at)
Date: Mon 03 Nov 2003 - 13:31:05 GMT

On Mon, Nov 03, 2003 at 02:24:00PM +0100, Alexander Goeres wrote:
> Am Sonntag, 2. November 2003 23:44 schrieb Herbert Poetzl:
> > > 2. Well, I did the last several times and vservers worked after
> > > rebooting. What didn't work was the possibility to set a quota to a
> > > test-user. "quotacheck" succeeded, but quotaon -u xxxx -f /dev/hdb7
> > > always failed with
> > >
> > > the errmsg:
> >
> > did you add the quota hashes as described in the
> > (short) documentation on http://www.linux-vserver.org/
> > http://vserver.13thfloor.at/Linux2.6/index.php?page=Per+Context+Disk+Limits
>
> How do I add the quota hashes? Isn't it done with
> cqhadd -x 2 -v /dev/hdb7

you are right, I obviously misread your command for
cqdlim ... sorry for that one ...

> > > 3. Another problem was then setting limits to a vserver..
> > > cqhadd -x 2 -v /dev/hdb7 always returned

for cqhadd, -ENOSYS (not implemented) is returned,
when the TAGCTX flag isn't set on the filesystem
(tagctx mount option)

for cqdlim, the following is true:

> > -ENXIO is returned if the quota hash does not exist,
> > where -EPERM is returned if you don't have the required
> > permission/capability ...

> And I was reading in one of the postings here about the mount option
> "ctxquota". Sounds as if it's necessary for the limits? If yes, then there is
> another problem with the me and the patches, because the patched kernel
> refuses to remount the partition when this option is set: "unknown option"...

correct, it seems that I forgot to mention that
on the web page too, will correct it immediately ...

by the way, remount is not an option, you have to 'mount'
it with tagctx, and I don't suggest this on a root
partition, because some parts of the vserver scripts
write to it from within a context ...

sorry for the misleading information, IRC would have
been much faster ...

HTH,
Herbert