From: Enrico Scholz (enrico.scholz_at_informatik.tu-chemnitz.de)
Date: Tue 04 Nov 2003 - 00:36:29 GMT
version 0.24 of util-vserver was released some minutes ago and is
* re-adds some features which were removed in the last stable version
- the copy-my-/etc/shadow-and-other-secrets mode of 'vserver ... build'.
To use a more secret method which creates a filesystem skeleton only,
set the 'UTIL_VSERVER_AVOID_COPY' environment variable to '1' before
calling 'vserver, and
- the newvserver-linuxconf module, which is disabled by default. To
enable it, the '--enable-linuxconf' option at ./configure must be
Both features will be dropped in future versions, so new applications
should not rely on it. Contact me, and/or try the CVS for information
about the new features.
* supports the QUOTACTL capability
* supports both the old kernel API and the current state of the new one
* lots of small improvements and bugfixes