From: Jan-Marc Pilawa (j.pilawa_at_tu-bs.de)
Date: Sun 09 Nov 2003 - 22:38:27 GMT

Zitat von jon_at_kollegiegaarden.dk:

> On Sun, Nov 09, 2003 at 07:09:59PM +0100, Jan-Marc Pilawa wrote:
> > I thought about it half a year ago. Well, i tried it out and
> openmosix
> > and veserver-patch compiled. The Problem is, that the knowledge of
> the
> > context needs to be migrated, too. in a first attempt it would be
> > sufficient to implement this, but one has to thin about same
> context-IDs
> > on different servers in the openmosix-cluster. The whole Idea fits
> close
> > to the Ideas of grid technologies.
>
> I want to migrate the whole context, not just a process inside it.

This is not possible because not all applications are able to migrate on
an openmosix cluster. But I think, that there are a lot of intersting
possibilities. Say f.e. you sell computational power to customers who
don't trust each other and you don't want to buy several clusters.

> JonB

Mit freundlichen Gruessen

Jan Pilawa.

--
+ Systembetreuung Rechenzentrum TU Braunschweig               +