From: Chris Wright (chrisw_at_osdl.org)
Date: Tue 11 Nov 2003 - 21:59:26 GMT

* Linas Vepstas (linas_at_linas.org) wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 10, 2003 at 09:36:48AM -0800, Chris Wright was heard to remark:
> > * Linas Vepstas (linas_at_linas.org) wrote:
> > >
> > > Well, I found the output of getpcap cryptic, and was unable to Google up
> > > any documentation that was 'adequate'.
> >
> > Have you looked at the manpages with libcap source[1]? I agree, the
> > output is odd, but there are some docs that help decipher it.
> >
> > [1] http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/libs/security/linux-privs/kernel-2.4/
>
> Hmm, yeah.
>
> Actually, it does help; with only some 'minor' complaints:
> -- there's still no manpages for 'getpcap' etc.
> (although the cap_to_text manpage is pretty good).

Yes, that's the one I was thinking.

> -- No one has maintained this thing since 1999 ...
> It needs a home, either at savannah.gnu.org or at sourceforge
>
> My question is: is there any active maintainer for this thing? any
> mailing lists? I'm vaguely thinking of tweaking the thing, but have
> nowhere to send patches ... any suggestions where a home (i.e. cvs,
> mailing list, bug tracker) for this thing should be created?

There is an old (like quiet for months/years at a time) list on
sourceforge. linux-privs-discuss_at_lists.sourceforge.net

http://sourceforge.net/projects/linux-privs/

You might try Andrew Morgan directly. If you don't hear back from him,
I can help resurrect this.

thanks,
-chris