From: Herbert Poetzl (herbert_at_13thfloor.at)
Date: Fri 14 Nov 2003 - 13:22:40 GMT

Hi Community!

the latest vserver development release should
support the folowing platforms:

  - alpha
  - i386
  - ia64
  - mips
  - mips64
  - ppc
  - ppc64
  - sparc
  - sparc64
  - x86_64

why do I write should? because I lost the
overview, who is testing/able to test/willing
to test it on those platforms ...

currently I'm able to test i386 only, but
this doesn't mean, that I do not want the
code for other platforms to be nonfunctional

If you want multi platform vserver to become
a reality, please test it, and report back

how to test? simple:

 - compile the vserver patched kernel (first test)
 - compile the util-vserver 0.24 (second test)
 - # chcontext --ctx 100 grep context /proc/self/status
        New security context is 100
        s_context: 100 [ 100]
 - # chbind --ip 192.168.0.42 false
        ipv4root is now 192.168.0.42
 - # chcontext --secure --ctx 100 mknod /tmp/x c 0 0
        New security context is 100
        mknod: /tmp/x: Operation not permitted
 - # chcontext --hostname zaphod uname -a
        Host name is now zaphod
        New security context is 49153
        Linux zaphod 2.4.23-rc1-vs1.1.2 #2 Fri Nov 14 ...

please send the results to the mailing list or
put them somewhere on the web and send just
the url ...

TIA,