From: Bodo Eggert (7eggert_at_gmx.de)
Date: Mon 17 Nov 2003 - 08:49:27 GMT

On Sun, 16 Nov 2003, ian douglas wrote:

> how about "from the very beginning" documentation? ie: explain things for
> people that need more stepped instructions than "patch the kernel" (ie:
> explain how to apply a .diff file etc.), which OS's vserver has been tested
> on, etc.

We should point them to
 http://www.miredespa.com/wmaton/linux/kernel-patch-HOWTO.html

and add <textblock>
Unfortunately, this documentation does not include instructions for
stripping the base directory. If you gave a different name to the kernel
directory, patch will complain about missing files while patching. In this
case, cd into the kernel directory and patch using "patch -p1 ..."
instead.
</textblock>

--
       ¤ Bill of Spammer-Rights ¤
1. We have the right to assassinate you.