From: Matt Ayres (matta_at_tektonic.net)
Date: Mon 17 Nov 2003 - 18:09:12 GMT

Mark,

You're correct, we observed the same thing. The CPU/Load is caused by
kswapd. Errors exactly like this has been reported for 2.4.2 and 2.4.9
(that we can find), so perhaps one of the bugs re-surfaced in 2.4.2X.

We've tried this with and without Herbert's rmap15k patches. Slightly
different behavior is observed, but the end result is the same.

I've just got finished a working port of vserver under UML (very cool!).
Herbert is going to look it over/redo it and then I don't see why it
wouldn't be released.

I'm going to try to split up the load under multiple UML's (ie. 4-8
vservers per UML instance) and then I can get full console (with
sysrq!).

--
Matt Ayres <matta_at_tektonic.net>
TekTonic